Full course description
Technical Assistance training for FAPE, IEP Management & Tracking, Parent Participation, Revocation of Services with a PWN and Progress Reports in accordance with 92 NAC 51-007.02 and 92 NAC 51-004.01.
The outcomes for the course are:
- Understand the process for scheduling and conducting annual reviews for each student in the District with an IEP.
- Know the policies and procedures for ensuring that each eligible student in the District has an IEP at the beginning of each school year; including students who attend a private school, service agency or are receiving homebound instruction.
- Identify the circumstances and reasons under which a school team would implement the provisions of an “expired” IEP
- Know the process for ensuring that IEPs of eligible students are reviewed and revised in a timely manner.
- Understand how to document the implementation of a student’s IEP.
- Know when and how to the complete the steps of Revocation of Consent for special education services by a parent. Including the steps for properly documenting this process.
- Understand how to document the implementation of a student’s IEP, including how to collect progress monitoring data and communicate progress through providing regular progress reports.