Comprehensive Evaluation, IEP Timelines & FAPE is a Course
Comprehensive Evaluation, IEP Timelines & FAPE
Started Apr 7, 2022
Full course description
This course provides Technical Assistance training for Comprehensive Evaluation, IEP Timelines & Free Appropriate Public Education in accordance with 92 NAC 51-006.02C11, 92 NAC 51-009.04A2, IDEA 34 CFR § 300.301(c)(1), 92 NAC 51-006.04K6, and 92 NAC 51-004.01.
- Participants will understand the purposes of a special education evaluation.
- Participants will understand, regarding initial or reevaluations when an evaluation is sufficiently comprehensive.
- Participants will be able to identify some circumstances in which an evaluation would not be considered sufficiently comprehensive.
- Participants will understand the importance of meeting timelines to ensure FAPE for students with disabilities.
- Participants will be able to identify elements of a student's IEP that are necessary to ensure a student’s unique needs are being met.
This course will take about 30 minutes to complete.