Full course description
This training addresses regulations within Rule 51 specifically related to the least restrictive environment, continuum of alternative placement options, parent participation in regards to their preschool child’s special education services, and defining predetermination. The information within this training is specific to preschool children, ages 3-5, receiving Part B special education services.
- Participants will understand what parent participation consists of in regards to a preschool child’s special education services.
- Participants will understand what parent participation consists of, specifically in meetings and placement decisions.
- Participants will define predetermination and identify strategies to prepare for MDT/IEP meetings.
- Participants will identify all placement options on the continuum of alternative placement options available to preschool children receiving special education services, whether they move to an IEP or continue on an IFSP.
- Participants will understand what compulsory age of attendance is andwhat that means for preschool children, ages 3-5.